hey, so I have decided that instead of running this blog on the same account, I am going to switch to a new one. It is called iamnotdefined.tumblr.com…PLEASE FOLLOW
Take a little less than a quarter cup of quick oats, 1 egg, a small handful of blueberries, and some brown sugar or Stevia if you like things sweet, and mix it all up in a coffee mug. If you want your muffin a little moist a tablespoon of plain soymilk or almond milk will do it.
Then place in the microwave for 1 min. Watch it carefully! This could overflow!
If the muffin top does not look firm, place back in 30 sec at a time.
Once ready, flip mug upside down onto a plate and slice some fresh strawberries to decorate.
Super yummy! I served this to my sister and she was so impressed with my quick healthy cooking skills. Try it! Let me know what ingredients you end up using! There’s a lot of room for creativity.
Made mine with raspberries and honey. Served with fat free vanilla yogurt :)
If you haven’t checked out Cassey Ho’s blogilates page…you need to.
the creator of POPilates, she is offering a 90 day program to follow and get skinny for and during the holidays.I’m definitely getting on board considering i dropped off the fitness bandwagon upon moving into my apartment.
Back to the 90 day challenge….she has made printable meal guides for you to follow which seem a little bland, but you have to start somewhere. I know correct subsitutions for things if you got bored, so just shoot me a message if you are too busy. ANYWAYS. the workout part of the program is pretty intense, but she offers alternatives and differnt workouts to get you pumped everyday in the gym.
Monday: TOTAL BODY
Tuesday: UPPER BODY AND BACK
WEdnesday: ABS AND OBLIQUES
Thursday: LOWER BODY
Friday: MIX IT UP
Saturday: FUN CARDIO DAY- an hour of anything fun, biking, swimming, running hiking. Do what you want!
She gives you more detail as you go on, and if you read the website, so I would highly recommend doing this if you need a plan like me.
If 90 days seems like too long, don’t sweat-break it up into a month at a time.
so it’s basically a 30 day challenge x3
Alright, I am a couple of days late joining this as they started on the 24th of October, but I just logged back on tumblr to try and get some inspiration to get back in the game.
When I moved to college, for some reason it became really hard for me to focus on working out becuase it is so much easier tos tay at my apartment. I lost all prgoress I had made as far as exercise, but definitely improved my eating habits (this in part has to do with a great, healthy roommate) . I eat a lot of lean meats, fruits, and vegetables, and try to incorporate the most healthiest meals my boyfriend will eat, but we all know that this doesn’t always work. I rarely eat out, for expense reasons, so I feel like I haven’t gained a lot of weight. I am ready to get back on track though, so
90 day challenge it is, and as it so happens, I already ate oatmeal this morning :)
Slimtastic Smoothies: 20 nutritious and delicious smoothie recipes
- Banana: Blend 2 bananas with 1/2 cup fat-free Greek yogurt, 1/2 cup skim milk, 2 teaspoons honey, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon, and 1 cup ice.
- Strawberry Shortcake: blend cups strawberries, 1 cup crumbled pound cake, 1-1/2 cups skim milk, 1-1/2 cups ice, and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Raspberry Orange:Blend 1 cup orange juice, 1 cup raspberries, 1/2 cup plain yogurt, 1 cup of ice and splenda or stevia no calorie sweetener to taste.
- Honeydew-Almond: Blend 2 cups chopped honeydew melon, 1 cup almond milk, 1 cup ice, and honey to taste.
- Strawberry-Kiwi: Blend 1 cup strawberries, 2 peeled kiwis, 2 tablespoons sugar and 2 cups ice.
- Cherry-Vanilla: Blend 1 1/2 cups frozen pitted cherries, 1 1/4 cups milk, 3 tablespoons sugar, 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Grape: Blend 2 cups seedless red grapes with 1 cup concord grape juice and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Blueberry-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk, 1 tablespoon each honey and lime juice, 1/4 teaspoon almond extract and 1 cup ice.
- Creamsicle: Blend 3/4 cup frozen orange or orange-tangerine concentrate with 1/2 cup cold water and 1 cup each vanilla ice cream and ice.
- Spiced Pumpkin: Blend 1/2 cup each pumpkin puree and silken tofu, 3 1/2 tablespoons brown sugar, 1 cup milk, 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, a pinch of salt and 1 cup ice.
- Black Raspberry–Vanilla: Blend 1 pint blackberries, 1/2 cup raspberries, 1 cup vanilla yogurt and 1 tablespoon honey.
- Banana PB&J: Blend 1 frozen banana with 1 cup soy milk, 1/4 cup each creamy peanut butter and wheat germ, and 2 tablespoons seedless strawberry or raspberry jelly.
- Vietnamese Coffee: Blend 1/2 cup chilled espresso or strong coffee, 1/4 cup sweetened condensed milk and 1 1/2 cups ice. Top with chocolate shavings and/or chocolate syrup.
- Pineapple-Mango: Blend 1 cup each chopped pineapple and mango, 1 cup coconut water, a dash of ground allspice and 1 cup ice. Sprinkle with toasted coconut.
- Chocolate-Banana: Blend 1 banana, 1 cup chocolate ice cream, 1/2 cup milk, a pinch of salt and 1/2 cup ice.
- Peanut Butter–Apple: Blend 1 chopped peeled apple, 3 tablespoons creamy peanut butter, 2 tablespoons flax seeds, 1 1/2 cups each soy milk and ice, and honey to taste.
- Veggie: Blend 1 1/4 cups tomato juice, 1/4 cup carrot juice, 1/2 peeled cucumber, 1/2 celery stalk, 1/4 cup each parsley and spinach, and 1/2 cup ice.
- Lemon–Poppy Seed: Blend 2 teaspoons poppy seeds, the zest and juice of 1/2 lemon, 1 cup plain yogurt, 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 cup each milk and ice.
- Strawberry-Maple: Blend 2 cups strawberries, 1 1/2 cups milk, 1/4 cup each maple syrup and wheat germ, a dash of ground cinnamon and 1 1/2 cups ice.
- Apple-Spinach: Blend 2 cups spinach, 1 chopped peeled apple, 1/2 cup silken tofu, 1/4 cup each soy milk and orange juice, 1 tablespoon each wheat germ, honey and lemon juice, and 1 cup ice.